Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Hope -- and not the Barack Obama kind

This one came through 24 hours after the initial send. Props go out to this agent for working on a Sunday.

Dear QOR,
I want to thank you for considering *Youhavebeenrejected* Agency as a possible fit to represent your work. At this time we are extremely selective with the materials we are acquiring. Based on your initial pitch, I do not believe that we are the right agency to represent your work. I do appreciate you thinking of us as an agency, however, and I hope that you continue seeking agents that are a good fit for your work. I wish you all of the best in your publishing endeavors.


Kind regards,
Hopeful Agent


Just out of morbid curiosity...why so hopeful? Is this their way of perking me up? It's hard to feel hopeful in the face of rejection, but thanks for trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment