Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Welcome! Let's cry together.

I'm not a particularly Emo type of person, but there's something magical about rejection letters.

I sent off my first query on April 25 and I'm patiently waiting for the crippling rejections that are heading my way. I feel great about my manuscript, but I don't expect anyone else to. Weighing in at 130,000 words and covering nearly every genre in the history of fiction, I have a feeling that my baby has a face that only a mother could love.

Regardless, I wrote this bad boy and I've decided to try my hand at helping it see the light of day. What's the worst that could happen? (Please don't answer that.)

The purpose of my blog is to show you that EVERYONE gets rejected. We can laugh and cry together right here on the blog, then we can go back to our respective homes and sob into the crinkled stack of rejection letters that we keep by our bed.

I will post each and every rejection letter I receive here so you can live vicariously through my disappointment. On the off chance that someone expresses interest in my book, I'll keep you appraised on that as well -- but let's not hold our breath, okay?

Each letter will be addressed to QOR, mostly because I don't want you to know my name. I will never post the agents name at the bottom either, because this isn't a critique of them. They're just doing their jobs and I respect that.

Although that may not stop me from making my own personal comments. :)

Sit back, relax, and enjoy my misery. Feel free to send me your rejections. After all -- misery loves company.

No comments:

Post a Comment