Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Less than enthusiastic

Enthusiasm is key in representing someone, at least for this agent.

Dear QOR:

Thanks for your query. As to your material I'm afraid I must pass -- I'm just not enthusiastic enough about the premise of your story to feel that I'd be the right agent for the project. Our agency represents a very full list of fiction writers and we must be highly selective in adding to it. I realize it is difficult to judge your potential from a query; nevertheless please know that I give serious attention to every letter, outline, and writing sample I receive. Sorry I couldn't give you a more positive reply. Thanks for thinking of me, though, and best of luck in your search for representation elsewhere.

Sincerely,
Not Enthused

This one was a little rough...kind of lengthy. A simple "no" would have sufficed. I think this translates to "Your plot bores me to tears. Thank you for wasting the whole five minutes it took me to read your junk."

No comments:

Post a Comment